Monday, February 10, 2014

My Hats: The Asshole

Today, I am an asshole.  I am the bearer of bad news.  I am the nay-sayer, and the barrier to fulfilled wishes.

Image found here
This is the nature of my work.  I am so many things to so many different people, and generally that is okay.  For the most part, I'm able to acknowledge my varying head wear and done it accordingly. In fact, the variety serves as a protective force for me.  In one day I can be a savior, an attachment figure, an authority figure, and a friend.

The peculiar paradox is the difficulty inherent in the days marked by consistency.  Today was one of those days. I got to wear one hat today. I wore it all day long, and that took a toll on me.  It's hard to wear the bad guy hat for a sufficient length of time and not internalize it.  Eventually, it wears on you.

While I know that I am not truly a bad guy, and I understand that I am far from being an asshole, it's how I feel today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...