Friday, March 30, 2012

A New Identity

You may or may not have noticed a lot of changes in the past week. I should probably provide an explanation for all of that. In an effort to preserve my professional identity in the real world, I have decided to revamp my blog.

I can assure you that these changes are more than pure flightiness. I loved Mindy's Musings, and the look I had created. However, I recognized that having an easily searchable blog made me rather vulnerable in the field I am pursuing. I could have elected to give up, end this practice, and finish the blog, but I don't want to do that. Every time I commit to this project I get a little something back. I really enjoy writing. I'm learning a lot about myself in the process. I also get a lot out of the feedback I have been receiving. So I can't just stop now.

That being said, I'm trying to protect this part of my identity by designing something that will endure the limits of my new career. I recently shifted my user ID to a pen name. I have introduced a new title, and I have been experimenting with different designs to bring the whole thing together. Eventually, I plan to change the web address as well.

While I like what I have come up with thus far, I may continue to tinker with it for a while. I hope to have a final product ready in June.

What do you all think?  Do you like the new look? Hate it?  Have an idea of your own?  Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks good! so glad you didn't just shut it down as I so enjoy reading your blog while drinking my morning coffee,gives me interesting things to ponder throughout the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you like it. It's also very flattering to know that my musings have made their way into your morning routine. I hope it helps. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...