Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Things That Hapen to Me

Location: Home
Mood: giggly
 
I seem to be a magnet for a certain type of experience. I can’t complain too much...Well, that’s a lie. I can complain all I want, but these things do make my life more interesting.

I had a job-interview-type thingy on Monday. It had just snowed, but I need a job so bad that I figured I’d brave it. So, I get in my base-line, no frills, Toyota Corolla, and attempt to climb my way out of our inclined cul de sac. I manage to turn around and begin the incline, but as I hit the top I reach a patch of ice. It was almost like a lip that sealed our cul de sac off from the intersecting street.

I revved my engine to manage my way over the lip… nothing. I try again. Nothing. Directly across from me is a man scraping the windows on his car. He’s watching his young son play in the road. I noticed that he suddenly becomes very aware of me.

I try to overcome my barrier once again. The man calls to his son, and he runs out of the street. Then the two of them just stand there and watch as I attempt over, and over, and over, and over, to get out of the evil circle that keeps me from my future.

It was not as if they didn’t notice me. I had revved my engine so much that a burning smell was beginning to rise from below me.

Now, I’m starting to think that my neighbors are just rude. Is chivalry really dead? Wouldn’t the polite thing be to come over and offer some help? I guess not.

Frustrated, I laugh to myself. Then I called my brother to save the day. He came out, and pushed me to freedom. Yay for big brothers!

I contemplated giving the man and his son the finger...but I think I’m a better person than that.

Later on I found out that my brother didn’t actually do anything, he just stood behind me and gave the illusion of pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...