Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today is Symbolic of My Life

That's a car under there!
Location: Home
Mood: comically frustrated
 
I’m angry at the world, but in a completely humorous way.

     Last night I went to a friend’s birthday dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. I got a pomegranate Limoncello (to which my brother points out PART of the drink was 12% alcohol). I ate a spinach and cheese ravioli, and had a big dessert, and still managed to end the evening with a nice little buzz.
     When I got home I was expecting my parents to be gone, but there in the living room sat my Dad. So, I went about business as usual, but felt silly. Then I went to my room to prepare for bed. I blogged, and then got excited to read the book I’ve been reading. --; It’s this book that I fully recognize as stupid, but I LOVE it anyway.
     I finished the book...which makes me angry. Lately, each time I finish a book, unless it sucks, I get really angry because that means I have to find another one. Why do books have to end? It’s just rude! I used to be a slow reader, but my new life has made that part of me disappear as well. I hated being a slow reader. NOW, I hate being a quick reader. Can a book just freaking last?!
     When I finished the book it was 2:30am, and I was not tired at ALL. Sometimes alcohol just makes me antsy instead of sleepy. Damn you limoncello!
     So, I toss, turn, and think about my life. The last one is something that I avoid doing, because it just pisses me off. I get angry with myself mostly though. Then I start trying to think of something I can do about it.
    Anyway, I decide that I guess I’ll apply to grad school. It’s not really want I want to do right now, but it’s something. It’ll get me out of the house, and possibly help me with my whole “I’m qualified but have no experience” shtick.
     When I finish that, I decide that after I sleep-in (which I’m going to finally get to do because my dad won’t be there to judge me as lazy when I wake up after 9am) I’m going to get all cute, and spend the day at the book store. Get a coffee, find a new book, and try to speak to my imaginary boyfriend.
     I slept till 11am… Considering I didn’t fall asleep till after 5am, I expected to sleep longer, but that’s okay. I come downstairs and look out the window to find 2-3 inches of snow on the ground...well shit.
    There goes my plan for the day. I can’t drive my Corolla in the snow! Then I look into grad school applications, and turns out I need three academic references and I have...let me count...zero!
     Today is like a micro-version of my life right now. I’m TRAPPED in my house! I have no job, and can’t seem to get one, and there’s NOTHING I can do about it!!! I just want to scream, but I realize that it’s actually kind of funny.

I should probably calm down now because I just got a bloody nose...is that a sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...